|Updated : 09/02/2014||View PDF version|
1. Students who do not attend classes without any valid reason must be reminded or given written warning by the course lecturer.
2. When the absence of a student is more than 20%, the Faculty that offers the course can take the following actions:
- The student is not allowed to follow or continue any form of study (tutorial/practical/studio and so forth) for that particular course
- The student is not allowed to sit for forthcoming assessment (quiz, test, examination and so forth) for that particular course
- The student will be given a zero (0) mark for that particular course and he/she must repeat the course.
3. The Faculty needs to inform the actions taken to the student by writing.
NOTE : Actions taken by the Faculty on a student pertaining to the above matter do not need to be informed to the Senate.