Paper Submission Guidelines
- An author wishing to present in APSEC 2018 will create a document consisting of a complete description of his/her ideas and applicable research results in six (6) to eight (8) pages only, including all text, figures and references.
- A maximum of two (2) papers may be submitted by the same first author. If the same first author submits two (2) papers, a supplementary publication fee is due for the additional paper.
- Papers should be formatted according to the Guidelines described here. All papers must be written in English and submitted in MS Word (.doc or .docx) for both the review process and final manuscript submission.
- Papers submitted will be reviewed by experts selected by the APSEC 2018 committee for their demonstrated knowledge of particular topics. Authors will be notified of the review results by email.
- Papers must be submitted by the deadline date. There will be no exceptions.
- Accepted papers must be presented at APSEC 2018 by one of the authors, or, if none of the authors are able to attend, by a qualified surrogate. The presenter must register for APSEC 2018 at one of the rates offered, and must register before the deadline given for author registration. Failure to register before the deadline will result in automatic withdrawal of your paper from the congress proceedings and program.
- The paper must be an original contribution. By submitting a manuscript to APSEC 2018, the author guarantees that it has not been previously published (or accepted for publication) in substantially similar form. Furthermore, no paper that contains significant overlap with the contributions of this paper either has been or will be submitted during the APSEC 2018 review period to any other journal or conference.
- If there are papers that may appear to violate any of these conditions, then it is the authors’ responsibility to cite these papers, argue in the body of your paper why your APSEC 2018 paper is non-trivially different from these concurrent submissions, and include anonymised versions of those papers as supplemental material.
Paper Review Process
- Papers submitted will be pre-screened for conformity with submission guidelines and for overall appropriateness. Papers that pass the initial screening process will then be double-blind reviewed.
- The double-blind peer review process is employed to ensure that both authors and reviewers remain anonymous during the review process. Expert specialists within the fields of Construction, Material and Structural Engineering will be selected to perform the reviews.
- This process will take place prior to both the podium presentation at APSEC 2018 and the publication of the proceedings. Authors will receive feedback in the form of a peer review report. The paper peer review process and the outcomes presented in the review reports will be monitored and verified by the Publication Committee.